Helpful Tips For Taking Supplements
The proper amounts of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, oils, botanicals and other healing substances, complexed as they naturally occur in their living sources, contribute to vibrant health and inhibit or reverse many degenerative processes.
Medications or drugs are toxins, too: An article published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in June 2000 demonstrated that the fourth leading cause of death in the United States is iatrogenic disease — that is, disease caused by medical treatment. If we add to this deaths caused by expected and known reactions to medical and drug treatments, it would likely push iatrogenic diseases up to the third most common cause of death, after heart/circulatory diseases and cancer.
Keep notes on what specific supplements improve your symptoms and general health.
1. In general, it’s best to take your supplements just prior or with your meals because vitamins, minerals, oils, enzymes, and plant medicines are better absorbed with food. Also, there is less chance of heartburn, upset stomach, nausea, diarrhea or any adverse reactions.
2. In the beginning take 1/4 or 1/2 of the suggested dosage on the label. This way you can slowly introduce them into your system according to your need. Take the high dosage only for a few days.
3. Most of our formulas consist of many needed supplements including plant extracts.
4. Do not take an excessive amount of any supplement, especially minerals, plant medicines, oil-soluble vitamins such as A, D, E and K. Excess of isolated substances can produce deficiency, toxicity and other problems.
5. If you are taking prescription drugs, don’t take them together with your nutritional supplements.
6. Do not take Brain Igniter or supplements containing B-vitamins at nighttime because they may keep you awake. Sleep formulas are fine to take at night.
7. Get appropriate blood tests and have your blood pressure checked. Keep your blood glucose levels as close to normal as possible.
8. Though nutritional supplements and botanicals used by Faith & Family Nutrition are safe and nontoxic, they do have power. Follow label instructions, be aware of any precautions noted on the bottle, observe your reactions carefully, and always exercise caution, prudence and good judgment.
9. Any decision to stop using any of your prescription drugs should be made in conjunction with a physician.
Do not waste your money on the following!
1. MGN-3: Many consider the claims of the manufacturer as a fraud. Doctors first believed the manufacturer and gave it to their cancer patients. MGN-3 demonstrated little or no benefit to cancer patients. (Taking the less expensive Shitake and Reishi mushrooms give you better protection.)
2. Vitamin O: It is simply made of chlorine dioxide, which is saline solution. Yes, the bottle may contain a small amount of H2O, but the body can’t use this form of oxygen.
On the contrary, deep breathing and aerobic exercise can produce great results. And EWOT (Exercise With Oxygen Therapy) or multi-step therapy is excellent for effectively preventing cell aging because as we age or due to disease or injury, the body’s ability to transfer oxygen to the cells becomes damaged. This simple therapy actually raises the arterial pressure to youthful levels by providing high levels of oxygen while exercising. The exercise moves the circulation much faster, assuring greater levels of oxygen. Thirty minutes before the oxygen therapy is administered, you’ll take 30 mg of Vitamin B, 100 mg of Magnesium Orotate and 75 mg of Dipyridamol (a prescription drug Persantine).
3. SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine) is not safe for the treatment of depression given its poor absorption. SAMe is contraindicated in patients with a history of mania or bipolar disorder. It has the potential for causing mania. Also, it is significantly more expensive. Instead, Brain Foodis recommended: it is absolutely safe and effective. Other supplements will likely be necessary as well.
4. Do not take liguid vitamins, minerals and enzymes. In liquid form, they are changing and even with refrigeration, bacteria growth is common. Instead, pills or powder are recommended.
5. Chondroitin Sulfate*: Do not take Chondroitin and Glucosamine alone in large doses. Research shows that chondroitin sulfate attaches to two proteins in prostate tissue. One of those is versican, a protein that tends to increase the spread of cancer, especially prostate cancer in susceptible individuals.
Alternative: Joint Integrity: Contains Boswellia, Bromelain, Papain and Sea Cucumber, which are extremely effective in preventing or treating various cancers.
Sea Cucumber, a family of seaweed (Kombu) has been credited as a primary cause for record-low cancer rates in Okinawa, Japan. For 15 years, patients, have reported that Joint Integrity has produced impressive improvement in arthritic conditions.
6. Do not take supplements saturated with honey, sugar or other sweeteners. They can give you quick energy with a heavy price to pay later. Honey-based bee products contain densely concentrated sugars with a high glycemic index, which can cause severe damage to the whole body. Especially, women planning to bear children should avoid such nutritional products a few months before conceiving. We do not need honey in our supplements. These sweet supplements can cause diabetes or birth defects in babies. In adults it can cause diabetic damage to the retina, diabetic neuropathy (affects the feet, hands and legs) causing numbness, pain, and tingling), as well as insomnia, restlessness, anxiety, mood swings and heart dysfunction. These sugars contribute to fungal infections, candida, yeast infections, acidosis, and a weakened immune system. Honey- or sugar-based energy boosters can also promote addiction to sweets.
7. Reliable studies show that Colloidal Silver used topically may produce some therapeutic effect in some people but taken internally, it can produce toxicity in the body, especially in the liver and brain.
8. Silver Water, taken internally, can accumulate in the brain and liver, causing numerous problems, such as headaches, hardening of the arteries and micro vessels.
9. Avoid Ephedra (Ma Huang) for weight loss.
C. Ricciardelli, et al. “Elevated Levels of Peritumoral Chondroitin Sulfate are Predictive of Poor Prognosis in Patients Treated by Radical Prostatectomy for Early-Stage Prostate Cancer,” Cancer Research 59(10): 2324-2328, 1999.
C. Ricciardelli, et al. “Elevated Levels of Versican, but not Decorin, Predict Disease Progression in Early-Stage Prostate Cancer” Clinical
Cancer Research 4(4): 963-971, 1998.
Y. Zhang, et al. “Promotion of Chondrocyte Proliferation by Versican Mediated by G1 Domain and EGF-Like Motifs” Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 73(4): 445-157, 1999.